VII Summit - Cochabamba, Bolivia - October 17, 2009
Special Declaration on Honduras in Support of its Legitimate Government
1. The peoples and governments of the ALBA express that, before the intransigence of the usurping regime, in view of the resolutions of the International Community, they shall reinforce their efforts, for the re-establishment of the constitutional order in Honduras through the restitution of President Manuel Zelaya.
By a diplomatic offensive, the ALBA member States, as full integrants of the regional and international organisms: UNO, OAS, UNASUR, GROUP OF RIO, SICA, shall proceed to convoke extraordinary and immediate meetings of the aforementioned, to present the Honduras situation and promote the adoption of actions against the coup d’état regime within its mandate.
2. Not to recognize any electoral process carried out under the coup regime, nor any result of it.
3. Not to allow the entry or permanence in the Member States territory of the Bolivarian Alliance for the Peoples of Our America to those who are primarily responsible for the coup d’état in Honduras.
4. To apply and support the economic and trade sanctions against the coup-regime adopted by the member countries where appropriate.
5. To entrust a Working Group on International Law, Self-determination, Respect of Sovereignty and Human Rights Issues of the ALBA, the study of actions against those who are primarily responsible for the coup d’État in Honduras, before the international Justice bodies.
6. To urgently ask the UN Secretariat to appoint a Special Commission of Chancellors to travel to Honduras to demand the coup d’état regimen, in support of Brazil and in compliance of the Vienna Convention, respect to the inviolability of the Diplomatic Mission of that brother country, and adequate security and humanitarian conditions for the permanence of President Zelaya, his family and the rest of the companions in such diplomatic headquarters.
7. Finally, we declare ourselves in permanent session and surveillance to accompany the fight of the Honduran people and their legitimate President, for the respect of their rights and freedom, mainly the sovereign right to elect democratically their authorities, and their right to exercise the constituent power.